Unique Experience, Extraordinary Results
Percy A. King Esq.
- Civil Litigation
- Federal Criminal Law
- Sports and Entertainment
Percy A. King has a historically excelled in what he has chosen to do. Prior to attending law school, he spent almost two decades in nuclear medicine, part of which was as a department chief. During his time in law school, he received the book award for the highest grade in just under 25% of his classes. He was also a senior editor on Law Review, received a national scholarship award for Most Outstanding student, and was a Florida National Employment Law (NELA) Fellow.
Upon graduating, he spent four years as a federal judicial law clerk to a Senior United States District Court Judge in the Middle District of Florida. He also earned an MBA during his clerkship. He graduated first in his MBA class. He has since worked in private practice in Florida and North Dakota, and as an Assistant Federal Defender.
As a Partner in the Valrico Law Group, Mr. King practices in the areas of civil litigation, federal criminal law, and sports and entertainment. Civil litigation includes employment law, general civil litigation, personal injury, consumer protection, copyright, and trademark lawsuit defense. He has represented clients in personal injury cases against major companies. He has also defended clients in federal court that were being sued by a multi-billion-dollar company for copyright and trademark infringement. He has been counsel of record in well over one hundred federal criminal matters. These cases include, but are not limited to: trafficking of thousands of kilograms of drugs found on a vessel on the high seas, drug possession with the intent to distribute, fraud, murder for hire, felon in possession, theft of government property, mail and wire fraud, misbranding of pharmaceuticals, illegal re-entry into the country, Hobbs Act robbery, child pornography, and Capitol Riot cases.
- Florida A&M University College of Law, Orlando, Florida
- Honors: Graduated second in class
- Indiana University (Bachelor’s)
- Florida A&M School of Business and Industry
- Honors: Graduated first in class
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court District of North Dakota
- North Dakota
- Book award for the highest grade in just under 25% of his classes
- National scholarship award for Most Outstanding student
- Florida National Employment Law, Fellow
- Senior United States District Court Judge, Federal judicial law clerk
- Fred G. Minnis, Sr. Bar Association